How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in working with Trillium Health Partners. These positions are essential for THP to provide quality healthcare to Mississauga, West Toronto and the surrounding communities.
Please submit a resume for the position you are interested in by clicking on the corresponding APPLY button found on the Current Openings page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of our THP recruitment team.
Steps in the Selection Process
Our recruitment and selection process identify the right candidates based on qualifications, skills and merit. Typical stages in the recruitment process are outlined below.
|• Interested applicants are required to submit a detailed resume by the position application deadline
• Before applying, please review our TIPS on preparing your resume
• Applications will be screened against the requirements of the position applied for
|Pre-Screen||• Selected candidates will be contacted to review their qualifications and the role
|Client Interviews||• Select candidates are invited to in-person interviews with Trillium Health Partners|
|Reference Checks||• Reference checks will be conducted on top candidates.
• HR Associates will notify top candidates prior to conducting references.
|Selection and Recommendation||• Successful candidates are contacted for job offer and onboarding process.
• All job offers are contingent on a successful pre-placement health assessment by Trillium Health Partners
Resume Writing Tips
To be considered for a position, you must submit a detailed resume outlining how your experience and skills match those required by the role you are applying to.
Below are some tips for you to consider as you finalize your resume and cover letter for submission:
- Clearly list your name, address, phone number, and email address at the top of your resume.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications outlined in the job ad. Ensure that you are concise and clearly communicating how your skills, knowledge and experience best meet the qualifications needed to do the job. Refer to the job ad for a complete list of qualifications and skills required for the position and tailor your resume to match these skills based on your past experience.
- Don’t just list previous employers and job titles on your resume. Provide a description of your tasks and duties for each position held that you list on your resume.
- Showcase your relevant technical experience and knowledge of the department(s) for which you are applying.
- Ensure all spelling and grammar on your resume is correct. Check spelling using a spellcheck tool. Have someone review your resume to identify any errors.
Preparing for the interview:
- Do your homework! Research Trillium Health Partners as well as the specific site (Mississauga Hospital, Credit Valley Hospital or Queensway Health Centre) you are interviewing for. Learn more about THP by visiting their website at http://trilliumhealthpartners.ca.
- Research the position for which you are applying. Review the job-related qualifications and specific skill sets listed on the job ad that are required for the position.
- Be aware of the time and date allotted for the interview.
Conduct a self-evaluation:
- Prepare for the interview by matching the job-related qualifications and skills sets to your experience. Create a list of work/volunteer experiences and education history/credentials, matching the skill sets required for the position to these experiences. Include the dates of prior employment/educational history in your list so you can recall them in the interview.
- Assess your strengths, weaknesses, skills, work and volunteer history, and interests. Plan how you will demonstrate your ability to be successful in the position in consideration of your assessment.
- Practice communicating your top skills to an interviewer. What can you bring to the position that others can’t?
- Dress appropriately for the interview in business professional attire.
- Practice the interview with someone else; develop a list of potential interview questions and practice communicating your answers.
- Review your past experience and qualifications.